In this episode, I’m answering questions that were sent to me via Facebook messages & emails from you, the viewers. Some of the questions I’ll be answering:
- What are natural alternatives for antidepressants?
- Should someone who is immune compromised or has cystic fibrosis get vaccinated?
- Are the unvaccinated putting others at risk?
- What are your thoughts on HERD immunity and the unvaccinated being protected by the vaccinated population?
- How do you build immunity if you don’t take vaccines?
Research studies referenced:
Asymptomatic transmission and the resurgence of Bordetella Pertussis
Herd effect from influenza vaccination in non-healthcare settings: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials and observational studies.
The Introduction of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis and Oral Polio Vaccine Among Young Infants in an Urban African Community: A Natural Experiment.
Effectiveness of pertussis vaccines for adolescents and adults: case-control study
Increased risk of non-influenza respiratory virus infections associated with receipt of inactivated influenza vaccine
Acellular pertussis vaccination enhances B. para-pertussis colonization
The effect of investigator compliance (observer bias) on calculated efficacy in a pertussis vaccine trial
Annual Vaccination against Influenza Virus Hampers Development of Virus-Specific CD8+ T Cell Immunity in Children
The role of nutrition in viral disease